Today on the show I talk through the process I use to set business goals. This year I am taking a different approach to planning by setting my goals over my Christmas Break, rather than in the New Year when back at work.
Click here to join the private Facebook Group and share how you are planning your business goals for next year.
What is covered in this episode:
- The first step is get yourself in the right environment when setting your goals
- What equipment to have on hand when doing your planning
- The benefits of mind mapping and how Jason uses Mindmeister for his planning
- Identifying the critical elements of your life that matter to you eg family, health, faith, travel, education
- The two step process for each critical element – what you are grateful for and what do you want to achieve in the following year.
- Why we don’t focus on what we haven’t achieved
- The questions to ask when creating SMART Goals – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely
- Identifying what you need to stop doing and what obstacles are in the way of achieving your SMART goals
- Setting quarterly milestones to measure process
- Sharing your goals and milestone with a business coach, accountability partner or mastermind group
- Example of a Mindmeister Planning Template
- Sharing your goals with the Business Made Easy Podcast group in the private Facebook Community
Links mentioned in the show:
Download our Free Business Plan On a Page template and implementation guide
Like what you hear? Subscribe to the show on iTunes so you don’t miss an episode
Want a question covered on the show?
Just click the red microphone button here to send us an audio question for the show.